Laser tattoo removal uses various wavelengths to target pigment, allowing the pigment to absorb the wavelength which shatters the pigment in a tattoo. Over the course of the healing process, that ink gradually rises to the surface of the skin. Due to the nature of this treatment, the aftercare is of great significance in order to allow for proper healing of the skin barrier. After the treatment, the area can be itchy and have a burning sensation as the area begins to heal. The products in this kit combine both calming and nourishing ingredients that will allow the skin to restore and protect itself. The SkinCeuticals - Hydrating B5 Gel is an oil-free moisturizer that combines vitamin B5 with hyaluronic acid, the body’s natural hydrator, to help bind moisture to the skin. Hydrating B5 Gel replenishes nutrients and hydration that the skin needs to heal smoothly. After hydrating the skin, the AnteAGE MD GF Serum is next and provides pro-healing and anti- inflammatory benefits to the skin. This aqueous formula quickly absorbs into your skin with a high concentration of physiologically balanced Stem Cytokines™ (derived from human bone marrow stem cells) fortified with two recombinant Growth Factors, TGF-β3 and IGF-1. To help enhance the performance and revitalizing actives of the Stem Cytokines, the AnteAGE MD Accelerator is applied directly after. Not only does the Accelerator allow the AnteAGE MD serum to perform better but its formulation of Beta Defensin 3, Bakuchiol, and Vitamin C work to optimize skin tone and texture, while the host of additional actives nourish and protect the skin. After applying the mix of powerful serums, the next step is to apply Jan Marini - BioShield Rapid Recovery Complex, which is our favorite post-procedure recovery cream. This cutting edge product helps to hydrate and protect the skin to enhance recovery while reducing visible social downtime and helping prevent scarring. After a laser tattoo treatment the surface of the skin is inflamed due to the heat from the laser and therefore, the skin's barrier is inadequate for protection. In addition, that excess heat that is created should not stay trapped by the products that are applied, that is why Silagen is our go to final product. Silagen, a 100% medical grade silicone provides a lightweight and safe protective barrier that “locks in” all of the proceeding products, while allowing the skin to breathe.
- Silagen - 100% medical grade silicone provides a lightweight protective barrier while allowing skin to breathe. Contains no potentially irritating extra ingredients.
- AnteAGE MD GF Serum 30mL- Restore your skin’s ability to heal itself with AnteAGE MD® Serum. This aqueous formula quickly absorbs into your skin with a high concentration of physiologically balanced Stem Cytokines™ (derived from human bone marrow stem cells) fortified with two recombinant Growth Factors, TGF-β3 and IGF-1.
AnteAGE MD Accelerator 30mL - is a performance-driven formula rich in moisturizers and revitalizing actives. Beta Defensin 3, Bakuchiol, and Vitamin C work to optimize skin tone and texture, while the host of additional actives nourish and protect the skin.
- Jan Marini - BioShield Rapid Recovery Complex - Stay on the cutting edge of post-procedure recovery with Marini BioShield. Hydrates and protects the skin to enhance recovery while reducing visible social downtime.
- SkinCeuticals - Hydrating B5 Gel - Hydrating B5 Gel replenishes nutrients the skin needs to feel smooth and appear younger. This oil-free moisturizer combines vitamin B5 with hyaluronic acid, the body’s natural hydrator, to help bind moisture to the skin.
• It’s very important that for the first 3-5 days after your treatment keep the area(s) bandaged and hydrated at all
times using the skincare regimen below. “A dry wound is a dead wound” - which we do not want.
-If the area/ wrapping gets wet, clean and change the bandages immediately to avoid infection.
• Keep the treatment area(s) clean with mild soap + water
-Avoid exfoliating the area with a lufa - just allow soap + water to run over the area in the shower.
If the area/ wrapping gets wet, clean and change the bandages immediately to avoid infection.
-Avoid soaking your skin under hot water in the shower. Cool water works best for cleansing.
-After cleansing, do not rub skin with a towel; pat dry only.
• Blistering and itching is common and is a part of the healing process.
-Avoid picking, rubbing, and scratching skin; do not physically remove flakes, blisters or scabs.
• Always wash hands before touching treated skin; try to avoid unnecessary touching. Exercise caution around children and pets to avoid contact with treated skin. Use clean towels.
• Exercise is generally okay, however avoid exercising and generating heat within the skin for larger tattoos (i.e. Chest, back or full sleeve, full leg)
• Avoid hot tubs, swimming pools, dips in the ocean or water sports until the skin’s surface has completely healed (there should be no openings/blisters to the area treated).
• Take care of your skin by using daily SPF and minimizing sun exposure. If you plan on being in the sun cover the treatment area with gauze or loose clothing.
• Reduce swelling and discomfort with the following recommendations:
-Apply cold compresses as needed; frozen vegetable bags (such as peas) and soft gel packs work best. Always wrap them in a clean towel before applying to skin.
-Take an oral over-the-counter anti-inflammatory (i.e: Tylenol, Advil) and/or antihistamine (Zyrtec) as instructed on the packaging. Avoid aspirin as it may increase the risk of bruising or bleeding.
• Suggested amounts of product in parenthesis applies to one treatment area (i.e. medium size tattoo).
• Post-care instructions must be followed exactly for optimal healing. If you suspect a problem, contact us immediately.
• Depending on the size, color and years that you have had the tattoo, you will need anywhere between 6-15 sessions to achieve 90-99% fading. Treatments need to be spaced between 6-8 weeks.
Still Unsure? Ask the doctor.
Request a live, virtual consultation with Dr. Jason Emer or one of our specialists to find out if this product is right for you.NEED HELP?   START A VIRTUAL CONSULT +